Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone advocating for you, when you are searching for a new job? Someone that knows about a great opportunity before it hits a job board. Someone that can review your resume and give you pointers, setting you apart from your competition. OpTech prides itself on the relationships our recruiters forge with candidates. It is what sets us apart from our competition. We have brought our series back called “Meet your Recruiter.” This week meet Jessica Leads and see how she can help you land your dream job.
Job Title and Areas of Expertise – Senior Technical Recruiter
13+ years recruiting for IT positions across development and infrastructure including Java, .NET, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Architecture and more!
- Have you always been a recruiter? I graduated from Eastern Michigan University with a degree in Philosophy. After graduation, I began working with a small local staffing firm and started my career in recruiting. From that initial experience, I learned that I love helping people find their perfect career match along with helping IT Organizations grow!
- What’s the most exciting part of your job? I love learning about new technologies and meeting new technologists!
- What do you do in your free time? I am the mother of a special needs little boy who is a glowing light in my world. I have been the PTA President for his all special needs school three years running. I am an advocate for Inclusion, Accessibility and Disability rights along with LGBTQ rights as Human Rights. If I am not focusing on family and inclusion, you will find me in antique stores, my local library, my local vintage record shop, in my hammock or at a foodie event!
- What is one question every candidate should ask during a job interview? What are the challenges you have been facing in this project?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? To bestow empathy around the world.
Searching for a job can be overwhelming and daunting at times – a vicious cycle of sending resume after resume with few inquiries back. Recruiters can help candidates in their journey, providing both support, tips and tricks and having access to positions that may not even be posted yet. Reach out to Jessica with questions you have about your career process at email@example.com.